Monday, December 4, 2006

I am so ready for my little boy to be potty trained. He is not ready; I know that. But I WANT him to be! He will be 3 on Friday, and screams at the thought of wearing underwear. SOMETIMES he will sit on the potty, but doesn't like it. I want him to try wearing underwear for one day and just getting very wet and maybe that will make him more aware (worked for my nephew anyway)...but he throws a fit if I put anything but a diaper on him. So if any of you guys have any advice, or if your little boy took this long or longer and you have encouragement, I will gladly take it!

Exciting stuff, my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have had easy trainers and hard trainers. I know that getting into a battle of who's in control will not help, you will never win. What about associating big boy undies with something fun like getting a treat (have a basket of dollar store stuff). Make peeing a fun thing. I know some moms put cherrios in the toilet as targets to pee on. Sometimes you just have to provide all that he needs and wait until he decides he wants to. Good luck!!